We're looking for: Senior Backend Developer (Node.js & PHP)
Clean Commit are searching for a senior backend developer to join the team on a casual contract basis. We're looking for someone who is comfortable creating data schemas, building CRUD functionality and developing algorithms to handle complex logic.
Ideally the successful applicant will have a deep knowledge and experience with Node.js, Python, PHP or some other popular backend language. Experience with Node would be highly favourable as we have an ongoing project that is built on the MERN stack.
In addition to having a well rounded technical skill set, the backend developer must be comfortable writing and speaking with clients to understand requirements. User stories and technical tasks are recorded and managed through Asana, as such the backend develop will need to be organised and follow common development methodologies like agile, using a task management platform.
The backend developer's responsibilities include:
- Designing data schemas
- Creating database models
- Creating deployment scripts
- Advising on most appropriate technology based on requirements
- Coordinating with the front end developers to create seamless functional components
- Talking directly with clients to understand and document requirements
- Experience with Python, PHP or another popular backend framework
- Experience using different database (SQL, Mongo, NoSQLdbs, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Experience working with designers and front end developers
- Understanding and experience working under agile methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication