The web designer's responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with client to record and interpret requirements
- Prototyping and wireframing
- Creating designs using modern web practices and design systems
- Building shareable, interactive designs
- Outputting designs into easily consumed formats to be turned into HTML / CSS
- Optimizing designs for mobile devices
- Experience working with Figma
- Experience building websites, web apps and other software
- Comfortable working directly with clients to understand and record requirements
- Experience working with developers and modifying designs to meet development standards like Bootstrap
- Understanding of how a design turns into software
About the company
Clean Commit is an Australian-based agency that focuses on building beautiful, high performing websites, eCommerce stores and progressive web applications.
We are starting to grow rapidly as we develop a name for releasing beautifully designed, cleanly developed websites and applications.
While we’re based in Australia, our team is spread across the globe; from Poland to the U.K. to the U.S. We encourage travel and a flexible lifestyle.
We provide a paid 3-week break across the Christmas period, and up to 2-weeks of paid leave during the year. We don’t work on weekends. We encourage our employees to tell jokes and use gifs to communicate :).
The interview process and timeframes
The interview process consists of 1 short tests, and two interviews.
General competency assessment (~30min) Candidates considered for this position will first undertake a general competency assessment. No coding or development questions are included. The test takes about half an hour.
HR Screening (15-25 min) The shortlisted candidates will meet with Clean Commit’s recruitment manager for a 15 to 25-minute conversation to get a feel for your fit with the company culture.
Final Interview (~30min) Finally, the successful candidates will have a 30-minute interview with Clean Commit’s founders to discuss their experience, fit for the position and job expectations.
The test should be completed within a week. The interview process will also take around a week with all candidates informed when a hire has been made.
If you believe you have the skills required and will be a good fit for this role, please fill out the form below.
We will only contact you if your skills and experiences seem like a good fit for the position.
Unsuccessful applications will not be contacted.